View Single Post
Old 08-09-2004, 02:55 PM
Super Moderator

Ok, a little history here. First the material you buy has a range of weights and fiber sizes.

Second, Nat built his first cozy out of the scrap bin at 3m.

His words to me were, use bid where it calls for bid, uni where it calls for uni and add up the glass weights to get the same weight, about. So if you have 2 layers of bid (plans are about 7 oz bid) and you have 5 oz bid to use, then three layers equels the two that were called out for.

This bid and uni are about te same weight as the bid and uni from as&s and wicks and i tested it for comforming to the shapes needed and it worked, i believe i used the bid yesterday and it made the 90 degree bend into the well for the nose gear just fine.

I did use a diferent supplier in the beginning, his cloth was too stiff and it trashed our canards, wouldnn't make the sheer web bend, not fun to make 4 canards instread of 2.

In fact, of all the areas, the only area that the material is really picky on is the sheer web tight bends for the uni.
Enjoy the build,njut av byggandet, godere il costruire, nyd bygningen, geniesse den Bau, apolafse tin kataskevi, disfrute la construcción, curta a construção, Pidä hauskaa rakentamisen parissa, bouw lekker,uživaj grade?inaslajdaites postroikoi, geniet die bou
dust

maker of wood, fiberglass, foam dust, metal bits and one day a Cozy will pop out and swiftly whisk me from meeting old friends and family to adventures throughout the world