Canard Community Forum  

Go Back   Canard Community Forum > For Sale, Trade, Loan or Wanted > For Sale, Commercial Sales
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2004, 09:45 AM
Flying TurboRotaryCozyIV

Default Have Cozy. Will Travel. Composite Construction service

Canard Aviation Inc. (CAI) (http://canardaviation.com) is pleased to announce a travelling canard construction and repair service.

Rather like that guy with a truck who comes to your office and fixes your car in the parking lot, CAI is based on the principle "Have Cozy. Will Travel."

We're just starting out, so we're fairly inexpensive right now (read cheap), and we'll do just about anything to make a buck.

Broke your LongEz canard off taxiing to a hangar? Call us. We'll fly in, fix it per plans in a couple of days and have you airborne in no time.

Lost your Velocity gull wing door somewhere? Call us. We can make it like new again.

Need help getting started? We'll show you a bunch of time saving tricks and give you the confidence to proceed.

Need help getting finished? That last 10% is a bear. Call us. You've already done the first 90%. Let us do the second.

Wanna take a ride? There's nothing like a ride in a Cozy to boost your moral or convince you to build one. Bring the wife - she'll soon be pushing you along and buying you tools.

Want a Cozy, but don't have time to build it? Call us. We'll build it for you. You can visit you're baby at any time during the gestation period, which will be somewhere around the same as for a human baby. (But much less painful, and considerably cheaper in the long run)

Services will begin once flight testing on our Cozy is complete, so contact us soon for an appointment.

Have questions?
email: inquiry@canardaviation.com
Call: 561-963-6916

Last edited by John Slade : 04-27-2004 at 05:52 PM.
Old 05-01-2004, 08:45 AM

John, I would think consulting on Mazda installations for pusher applications has a marketable value too. I really don't want to do all the research and re-invent a complete pusher engine package when I could pay to have someone tell me much more specifically the parts, steps, and layouts. I would really want to cut thru all that crap and just get it done.

And/or I think you could sell plans or a detailed description of what you have along with remote support (like Nat does) or paid on-site support. "Just do this unless of course you want to put Infinity retracts on your engine" would be great. Oh, lets throw out a starting figure of $125. Sure, we'de like to see it at $35 but I'm sure they'de still pay $125. CAD is cool but not necessary for the initial release.

Also, explained that is just part of your business, offer personal inspections of your engine for a fee. No cameras or photo cell-phones but include detailed packet of photos and info.

You don't have to say "established in 19xx, done 750 engine installs, graduated from Mazda U". Keep saying: "done 1 install, started flying in 2004, have .3hrs or whatever on my setup, I hope it doesn't explode".

I like what Al Wick put together for the Subaru installation, I just don't want to use a Subaru.

You have something of value. The last time you ignored my advice was a few months ago and it related to that other site. I saw what he was up to. You were too polite and didn't realize your position.

Tom

Last edited by tnt : 05-01-2004 at 09:09 AM.
Old 05-01-2004, 10:12 AM
Flying TurboRotaryCozyIV

Hi Tom,
Quote:
I would think consulting on Mazda installations for pusher applications has a marketable value too.
I'm ahead of you for once. See http://canardaviation.com/engine.htm

I also plan to offer rotary ready cowlings. The bottom one will have the plenum built-in. I'd like to do some more testing before finalizing the design, then I'll make plugs with my own cowls. For example - I'm not sure the fan is needed, beneficial or even detrimental in flight.

The "plans" idea is interesting, but again - I need more hours before I can claim it works any kind of certainty. In any case, much of what people need is in my web site for free, and that's not going to change. Maybe I could formalize it some in the "plans" and provide drawings etc., but then again, I'm not sure there's enough volume to make a living (even a small one) from plans.

Quote:
The last time you ignored my advice was a few months ago and it related to that other site. I saw what he was up to.
I didn't ignore it, it just wasnt a major priority for me to have "control" of the forum. Still isn't. I'm just here for the cameraderie and to help others have as much fun as I'm having.

By the way - if anyone has a problem with me answering "commercial" questions on the forum in public, please let me know. I'd be happy to take all this private if that's what the majority of members prefer.
Old 05-01-2004, 10:57 AM
Determined Builder 98+18%

I'm certainly willing to be a guinea pig for a cowl.

I just need an engine mount and a whole lot more!

/dan
Old 05-01-2004, 11:23 AM
Flying TurboRotaryCozyIV

13B Engine mounts for the Cozy IV and Velocity are available commercially from Fred Haise. Link in my web site. I wouldn't recommend the guy who made my mount. He did a good job, but he wasn't easy to work with.
Old 05-01-2004, 03:19 PM

Ok, ahem, haven't looked at your new biz site before. Thanks for the link, I'll look further. I know you don't want to give the appearance that you're on the forum to tout your stuff so I'll use other channels. 10-4 on the site topic, I'll drop it there.
Old 05-01-2004, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Slade
13B Engine mounts for the Cozy IV and Velocity are available commercially from Fred Haise. Link in my web site. I wouldn't recommend the guy who made my mount. He did a good job, but he wasn't easy to work with.
John, I don't see this link. I checked your /cozy site, in the links section, but it's not there. Is it on another page?
Old 05-01-2004, 08:50 PM

Here it is: Conversion Concepts. Thats where i'm getting mine,,,,,,,soon.

http://conversionconcepts.com/
Old 05-02-2004, 01:26 AM

I already have one and Fred is a nice guy to work with.

All the best,

Chris
Old 06-09-2004, 11:26 PM

Default answering "commercial"

By the way - if anyone has a problem with me answering "commercial" questions on the forum in public, please let me know. I'd be happy to take all this private if that's what the majority of members prefer.[/quote]

As long as u keep the book going u can do what ever u want

If we pass the hat mabe you'll stop working and just rite ?
Old 06-10-2004, 12:03 AM
Flying TurboRotaryCozyIV

Quote:
If we pass the hat mabe you'll stop working and just rite ?
Sure. It wouldjust have to be a REALLY big hat
Old 06-10-2004, 08:42 AM

You could probably charge to allow finished builders to get their check out ride in your bird. It would be worth a small premium to me to get the feel of a rotary instead of a lycoming installation... when the time comes of course!
Old 06-10-2004, 08:43 AM

Whoops... brain fart. Just remembered, experimental plane mean no commercial use. Where's my coffee?

Last edited by MarbleTurtle : 06-10-2004 at 05:22 PM. Reason: spleling
Old 06-10-2004, 10:06 AM
Determined Builder 98+18%

However "conversion type check flights" are specifically allowed - so John can't do ab initio training, but can do Cozy and/or rotary conversion training!

/dan