Canard Community Forum  

Go Back   Canard Community Forum > For Sale, Trade, Loan or Wanted > For Sale, Commercial Sales
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2004, 02:12 PM
Super Moderator

Default Wentworth Aircraft, Inc.

My experience with Dave at wentworth has been steller. It started when i was looking for a tsio360a, he had one, no prop strike, gaurenteed good, with logs. Price quoted 7500US. After weeks of hemming and hawing I said good, i'll take it. He sends me an invoice for 7000. I call him and request a corrected invoice, he says that is the correct invoice amount, ,he had OVER quoted me the price. OK, 7000 it is.

Next i need a double throw fuel valve, they are 450 in the catalogue, and he says OK, which one. I say, I don't have the slightest idea, can you send me some pics to see what they look like.

The pics come, 5 or 6 diferent models from a variety of planes and i see one that will do the job, I ask how much, 45.00, I buy 2 for 100, including freight.

Next I need finger strainers for the tanks, he just plain sends me a bunch, for free, won't take any money for them.

Now I need an altimeter for both the panel and to test the fuel tanks for leaks. He says, just for the leaks, a junkie one will do, and I say, no this is going in my birds panel for IFR flight and i need it sent to the avionics shop and have it "yellow tagged" . He says, I will sell you a united,the best, and it will be gone over by the avionics shop and put in like NEW condition and all he will charge me for is the 75 or so dollar aviation shop charge, the gauge is free.

If you need something, gauges, Radios, avionics, engines, propellor, fittings, call em up, if they don't have it, they will tell you who to call that specializes in that item and they stand behind what they sell, i have talked to a number of FBO's and others that deal with them.

http://www.wentworthaircraft.com/
612-722-0065 - Dave
Enjoy the build,njut av byggandet, godere il costruire, nyd bygningen, geniesse den Bau, apolafse tin kataskevi, disfrute la construcción, curta a construção, Pidä hauskaa rakentamisen parissa, bouw lekker,uživaj grade?inaslajdaites postroikoi, geniet die bou
dust

maker of wood, fiberglass, foam dust, metal bits and one day a Cozy will pop out and swiftly whisk me from meeting old friends and family to adventures throughout the world

Last edited by Dust : 05-18-2004 at 03:08 PM.
Old 05-18-2004, 02:43 PM

Must be all that good Karma you've been building up here , I'll keep them in mind once I commit.
Old 10-14-2004, 08:28 PM
Super Moderator

So, you say you want almost new panel out of a almost new 172 in your cozy

Talked to dave today, 17 planes from florida and counting, quite a few almost new 172's with king panels courtesy of hurricane alley
Enjoy the build,njut av byggandet, godere il costruire, nyd bygningen, geniesse den Bau, apolafse tin kataskevi, disfrute la construcción, curta a construção, Pidä hauskaa rakentamisen parissa, bouw lekker,uživaj grade?inaslajdaites postroikoi, geniet die bou
dust

maker of wood, fiberglass, foam dust, metal bits and one day a Cozy will pop out and swiftly whisk me from meeting old friends and family to adventures throughout the world
Old 06-14-2006, 11:43 AM
Super Moderator

Well - it is great to deal with a good supplier. I bought my engine years ago and I have been steadily workin on it. Recently i put it up on a stand and have been removing parts and cleaning 600 hours grime off of it.

I discovered a cracked accessory case from where the turbo was mounted. DAM i thought. Tiny crack - hidden by just a little grime, have to look REAL close to find it.

Called Dave at Wentworth and as usual - no problem. i have a written guarantee for the engine and he stands behind it. I'll send him a pic to insure he ships the correct one and whalla - good at new.
dust