Canard Community Forum  

Go Back   Canard Community Forum > For Sale, Trade, Loan or Wanted > For Sale, Commercial Sales
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-04-2006, 05:10 PM

I also think we (collectively?) could give some consideration for those who are members of "the community" rather than just folks lookin' to make a buck at a show. There's nothing wrong with the latter, but sounds like it's not really appropriate at this sort of venue (RR).
Old 08-04-2006, 08:04 PM
mdswitzer

does RR have a vendor's setup?

Every car or tractor show I go to has people selling things

I sell stuff at trade shows & conventions for a couple of our businesses, its the best way to meet people & let them get a "hands on" with the products, every grape grower convention i go to the ford has about 2500 lb of stuff in it (not counting the 2 - 4 Lard Butts in front)
Old 08-04-2006, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdswitzer
does RR have a vendor's setup?
No. Rough River has absolutely nothing set up. That's the beauty of it. The Columbia fly-in on May 5th was very similar in tone. No one selling anything.

Quote:
Every car or tractor show I go to has people selling things
Rough River is not a car or tractor show. Nor is it an airplane show. Nor is it a fly-market. It is a gathering of canard enthusiasts, not a "show" or a "vendor opportunity". See the web pages for the explanation of what RR is about.

Personally, I'd be pretty offended if ANY vendor started hawking wares at Rough River, and I'd venture a guess that many other long-time canard flyers would be as well. It's one thing for a vendor who happens to be there to respond to questions - it's another to set up shop out of the back of a van/truck/camper and advertise items for sale.
Old 08-04-2006, 08:51 PM
mdswitzer

so are there any fly-ins, etc where you can actually look at stuff for sale? (Other than Oshkosh, I'm not going to that circus)

It would seem to me the organizers could sell a limited number of display booths & help cover some expenses, we have to pay 300-500/table at most shows

as a new builder, i would like to see all my options as far as parts, etc in a "canard friendly" environment (where i dont have to deal with all the other crap, like at oshkosh)
Old 08-04-2006, 09:13 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
as a new builder, i would like to see all my options as far as parts, etc in a "canard friendly" environment (where i dont have to deal with all the other crap, like at oshkosh)
heh heh heh - don't worry - thier are only 1 or two options on anything. you do build most everything

2 electric nose gear

1.5 metal parts suppliers, i count Cozy girls as a full 1

retracts, 1.25 suppliers, i count jd as a .75 as he is sooooooooooooooooo slow to deliver and all the others as .5 as you have to do allot of figurin to use em

the list goes on and it be very short
Enjoy the build,njut av byggandet, godere il costruire, nyd bygningen, geniesse den Bau, apolafse tin kataskevi, disfrute la construcción, curta a construção, Pidä hauskaa rakentamisen parissa, bouw lekker,uživaj grade?inaslajdaites postroikoi, geniet die bou
dust

maker of wood, fiberglass, foam dust, metal bits and one day a Cozy will pop out and swiftly whisk me from meeting old friends and family to adventures throughout the world
Old 08-04-2006, 09:25 PM

Quote:
so are there any fly-ins, etc where you can actually look at stuff for sale?
Sure. OSH, S&F, and all the other local EAA fly-ins around the country that occur every couple of months.

Quote:
(Other than Oshkosh, I'm not going to that circus)
But you'd like to bring the circus to RR? That's the whole point of RR - to get a bunch of canards together and NOT have a circus.

If you just want to look at the options, folks will be happy to show you their aircraft and the parts in them, and tell you what they think of them and how they work, and maybe even show you if you're nice about it :-). Lot's better than asking the vendors, who are unlikely to give you an unbiased story.

Quote:
It would seem to me the organizers could sell a limited number of display booths & help cover some expenses, we have to pay 300-500/table at most shows
AAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!! You just killed RR - that's EXACTLY what is being avoided. Nobody sells anything, and there ARE no expenses to cover. You show up, you camp, you stay in a motel, you eat, you pay for what you do, and there's no "entrance fee" or "expense".

Quote:
See above. Don't bring the "crap" you're trying to avoid at OSH to RR.
Old 08-04-2006, 09:43 PM
mdswitzer

sorry I asked, didnt realize it was such a off limits subject

I was under the impression it was a type specific flyin / show, I guess i was misinformed
Old 08-04-2006, 09:45 PM
GIB

Whoa!

Look at this, I take a few days to get back to the internet and you all are talking crazy! We appreciate the sentiment and were more than happy to provide a respite for weary canardians and otherwise. It was great to see all of you that stopped by our tent. What kind of hosts would we be if we didn't make sure our visitors were refreshed?

I wanted to thank everyone that stopped by for doing so, it was great to put names with faces and be able to chat with you guys when we were available to do so. Special thanks to those who helped take apart chairs or put them back together and to those who became spokes-people for our booth. We know we were significantly understaffed and your impromptu assistance made all the difference in the world.

Len just arrived in California and moved into his apartment in Tehachapi today. Mary and I are mostly in PA now, but are in the middle of cleaning up the house in NY so we can list it. I think Len announced at the Cozy dinner that if any one is looking for a house in upstate NY with a two-car airplane factory located conveniently at the end of the runway of a nicely sized airport, feel free to contact us.

I won't have internet access in PA until Monday - keeping my fingers crossed, this is a long story with Adelphia Cable that is in no way suitable for mixed company - and then may not have our server up and running until the weekend, but then will be able to get the webiste updated with our new location and the new designs we completed and have been commissioned to complete at Oshkosh.

As for Rough River, I am thinking that if you want to order something and have it delivered then, I will be happy to comply (to the capacity of my car) and will just answer questions or give out business cards to those who ask for them. I don't want to deviate from the intent of the organizers. When I update our site, I'll post a deadline for Rough River delivery.

Thank you so much for all your encouragement - especially after a long week in the middle of a cross-country move. But if you keep it up, you're going to make me go all misty-eyed and sappy and Len's going to accuse me of watching "Lifetime Television" again....

-D
Old 09-03-2006, 12:36 AM
LEz - N555LE Q - N555QA

Dani/Len...

Are you guys still making the chairs, etc?

I was hoping to get a shirt or something for RR, but the site is down. I'm hoping that it is just that the server has not been re-setup yet.
Old 09-04-2006, 10:43 AM

I got mine. But still don't know if I can go yet.
Old 09-04-2006, 01:08 PM
GIB

Hi JonC,

Yeah, we're still in business, just a little slowed down while I get the house in Cortland closed up. I relocated our server this week and it's not behaving. So, I'm getting e-mails, but nobody can see our website.... great for business.

But the good news is that our house in Cortland, NY, is now going to be listed by the end of this week. I'm so sick of moving (I know, we'll have to do it again once the arrangements are settled in CA, but for now, I can relax). So, Mary and I, and all production, are located in Ebensburg, Pennsylvania while Len is out in Tehachapi, CA, working on secret-secret stuff.

Mary and I will be going to Rough River but Len won't be able to attend. I am not bringing the machine or anything to sell, but will be happy to deliver any pre-orders so long as they fit in my car. This will at least save you on shipping. Try to have your order in to me by September 15 so I have time to make it.

Hopefully, we will get the website updated and back up today. I'll post again when it's up.

Thanks,
Dani
Old 09-04-2006, 01:57 PM
LEz - N555LE Q - N555QA

Thanks for the responce Dani!

I'll shoot you an email today or tommorow with my order.
Old 09-04-2006, 03:28 PM
builder wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani
I relocated our server this week and it's not behaving.
Holler if you need help with that..

S
Old 09-27-2006, 03:22 PM
LEz - N555LE Q - N555QA

I recieved my jackets today... and let me say that you guys are charging way to little for the quality work you are doing.

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0540.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	450.6 KB
ID:	2887  
Old 09-27-2006, 05:05 PM
Finally at Chapter 4!

You've got full retracts?
http://banners.wunderground.com/weat...ions/76225.gif
http://banners.wunderground.com/weat...ions/76225.gif