Canard Community Forum  

Go Back   Canard Community Forum > For Sale, Trade, Loan or Wanted > For Sale, Commercial Sales
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-09-2004, 09:54 AM
Super Moderator

Default Bid and Uni better pricing

Steve Thayer
THAYERCRAFT INDUSTRIES
710 W Green Drive
High Point, NC 27260 USA
e-mail: thayercraft@cs.com
phone 1-800-218-1375
local 336-889-8088
Fax: 336-889-0014

Steve is a cozy builder, sent me samples, worked fine, bid is 50" wide instead of 38", should create less scrap in the diagoinal cuts.
Enjoy the build,njut av byggandet, godere il costruire, nyd bygningen, geniesse den Bau, apolafse tin kataskevi, disfrute la construcción, curta a construção, Pidä hauskaa rakentamisen parissa, bouw lekker,uživaj grade?inaslajdaites postroikoi, geniet die bou
dust

maker of wood, fiberglass, foam dust, metal bits and one day a Cozy will pop out and swiftly whisk me from meeting old friends and family to adventures throughout the world

Last edited by Dust : 03-29-2005 at 02:44 PM. Reason: fixed phone and addr
Old 08-09-2004, 11:59 AM
A builder at last.

Dust,

Thanks for posting that info. I have been thinking about emailing you for that company. I love the idea of 50" wide.

Thanks
Celebrating four years of NOT building.

You are buildin a dam airplane from scratch and you do not know what you are doin!!!! - Dust

-Inspired by Burt, designed by Nat, built by me. (Hopefully)

www.Cozy1200.com - just pics and misc ramblings
Old 08-09-2004, 01:17 PM

Yeah. wouldn't in it be nice to glass the seatback with 1 sheet!

Does this company have a website? Are you sure it's the exact same material?
Old 08-09-2004, 01:38 PM
redesigning every part before build

He can get whatever you want. He has 7715 and 7725.

He was/is building a cozy.
Old 08-09-2004, 01:55 PM
Super Moderator

Ok, a little history here. First the material you buy has a range of weights and fiber sizes.

Second, Nat built his first cozy out of the scrap bin at 3m.

His words to me were, use bid where it calls for bid, uni where it calls for uni and add up the glass weights to get the same weight, about. So if you have 2 layers of bid (plans are about 7 oz bid) and you have 5 oz bid to use, then three layers equels the two that were called out for.

This bid and uni are about te same weight as the bid and uni from as&s and wicks and i tested it for comforming to the shapes needed and it worked, i believe i used the bid yesterday and it made the 90 degree bend into the well for the nose gear just fine.

I did use a diferent supplier in the beginning, his cloth was too stiff and it trashed our canards, wouldnn't make the sheer web bend, not fun to make 4 canards instread of 2.

In fact, of all the areas, the only area that the material is really picky on is the sheer web tight bends for the uni.
Enjoy the build,njut av byggandet, godere il costruire, nyd bygningen, geniesse den Bau, apolafse tin kataskevi, disfrute la construcción, curta a construção, Pidä hauskaa rakentamisen parissa, bouw lekker,uživaj grade?inaslajdaites postroikoi, geniet die bou
dust

maker of wood, fiberglass, foam dust, metal bits and one day a Cozy will pop out and swiftly whisk me from meeting old friends and family to adventures throughout the world
Old 08-09-2004, 04:23 PM
Cozy #1056

what is the price difference between this and going through spruce or wicks
Old 08-09-2004, 05:20 PM
redesigning every part before build

50 inch bid $5.00 a yard. Full rolls only.

38 UNI $5.oo a yard.
Old 08-10-2004, 12:11 PM
Chapter 4

Does this company have any epoxy available? We might be able to save some shipping or at least a closer drive.
Old 08-10-2004, 12:46 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Anunson
Does this company have any epoxy available? We might be able to save some shipping or at least a closer drive.
No, for that PM me.

They also have the light weight close weave glass that i lined my tanks with, for like 1 or 2 dollars a yard, call steve, great guy.
dust

Old 08-10-2004, 02:47 PM
Larry Wimble

Default Is Thayercraft a real business?

I've tried numerous times today to call them. No answer.
Old 08-10-2004, 04:02 PM
Super Moderator

number one, looked like i gave a wrong area code, didn't use my phone book, number two, still no answer, been calling him for 5 years, have a bet on who finishes Cozy first, 11000 lire, looks like i will win, but still no answer, call him tomorrow at 336-889-8088, maybe that is right phone, i will check it at the office tomorrow, today is a national holiday, grand kids are in town, heh heh heh
dust