Canard Community Forum  

Go Back   Canard Community Forum > Plane Specific Questions Tips, Tricks Area for All Canard Kits and Plans Planes > Cozy
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2009, 12:01 PM

Default Rudder cable conduit routing - hidden bellhorns

Just about to route the groove for rudder cable conduit. I have couple of questions:
1. The main one is does the cable need to be routed differently as you get to the wingtip if installing hidden rudder bellhorns?
2. Are there anywere on web good instalation instructions, drawings, pictures for the hidden ones?
3. Since I still didn't decide which way I will go, are there any advantage (beside cosmetic) to installing hidden bellhorns and also any disadvantages?

Thanks for any input.

John
Old 02-14-2009, 12:25 PM
Super Moderator

Default Re: Rudder cable conduit routing - hidden bellhorns

the install of the rudder cable conduit is the same wether they are hidden or knot

mmm - the only real instructions i know of are the ones that come with the plans

one guru used to say that you did not get full travel with the hidden belhorn, i think he changed his tune on that one.

If you want a lot of chatter on the subject - go over to the zone

Don't know if RAF still sells the plans, someone may have to copy them for you. I think the cozygirls now make them, if you don't want to make them they probably have instructions to go along with them.
Enjoy the build,njut av byggandet, godere il costruire, nyd bygningen, geniesse den Bau, apolafse tin kataskevi, disfrute la construcción, curta a construção, Pidä hauskaa rakentamisen parissa, bouw lekker,uživaj grade?inaslajdaites postroikoi, geniet die bou
dust

maker of wood, fiberglass, foam dust, metal bits and one day a Cozy will pop out and swiftly whisk me from meeting old friends and family to adventures throughout the world
Old 02-14-2009, 09:14 PM

Thanks Dust!
Got the conduit routed per plans and also got the antenna in. So it was a good day. Now ready for top skin.

John
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P2140088_50.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	4533  Click image for larger version

Name:	P2140076_50.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	103.7 KB
ID:	4534  Click image for larger version

Name:	P2140082_50.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	4535  
Old 02-15-2009, 11:53 AM
Super Moderator

Looks great - i remember doin that, 4 times, well 8 if you count tops and bottoms. too bad you did not make the tee system, makes lining up and flippin a snap
Enjoy the build,njut av byggandet, godere il costruire, nyd bygningen, geniesse den Bau, apolafse tin kataskevi, disfrute la construcción, curta a construção, Pidä hauskaa rakentamisen parissa, bouw lekker,uživaj grade?inaslajdaites postroikoi, geniet die bou
dust

maker of wood, fiberglass, foam dust, metal bits and one day a Cozy will pop out and swiftly whisk me from meeting old friends and family to adventures throughout the world
Old 02-15-2009, 03:14 PM
Super Moderator

I was just informed that i gave you the advice for a retrofit, which i did 4 of, too bad the person or persons did not post the correction.
dust

Old 02-15-2009, 06:25 PM
Got Foam?

The retro fit instructions also called for rerouting the conduit. They ran
it inside the aileron cavity then straight to a point 1.2 inches from the
trailing edge paralleling it for 12-18 inches.
We add rocket's to everything!