Canard Community Forum  

Go Back   Canard Community Forum > For Sale, Trade, Loan or Wanted > For Sale, Commercial Sales
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-26-2006, 05:06 PM
LEz - N555LE Q - N555QA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Passey
Retracts look GOOFY and spindley/fragile when you are looking at them on the ground... so as for appearance- more than two sides to this coin.
I don't know.... I think the ERacer/Berkut gear looks down right mean when it is extended... it has that fighterjet look to it.
Old 01-26-2006, 06:13 PM

Quote:
As for the GEAR GONADS pithy remark..Well..it just depends on how big yur Nads are...and if well equiped, then they would dangle along below/behind you at 200+ MPH!!
What kind of freakish spindly nads are you sporting anyway? No wait... don't answer that! This is getting too weird.

Would it be un-gentleman like to mention that my gonads retract with cold air blowing on them? What the @#$%@!!! is in this tea my wife gave me?
Old 01-26-2006, 08:35 PM
MarkIV N513DP Cozy540Xtra

FREAKISHLY-SPINDLEY -NADS and the sporting of them is MY specialty at 200 MPH!!! They are those football shaped objects hanging at the ends of the bow.

I AM NOT going to go anywhere NEAR the "retractable gonad" confession, as that is entirly yur own business...but I seriously hope that they descend by the time you really need them. You did say you were married I believe.

As for the TEA!!! Said wife must have enriched the libation with a bit o the spirits... Jolly good that you have come around and finally mentioned a fine British tradition and thusly I feel there is hope for you yet.

Now- How do you think ol Len should handle the CAF shirts/blouses?
Old 01-26-2006, 09:24 PM
Back to square one

OK, I know I've been too busy with my day job this week, but I had NO IDEA that this thread would spin in this direction.

Well, getting back to the subject of CAF shirts, it is my not-so-humble opinion that people should put whatever plane they want on their shirts. If there was some official forum logo that lent itself to being digitized (like the CSA patch), then I'd probably encourage that. It makes no difference to me, and it's advertising for the forum regardless of the plane on the shirt. I'm sure there may be some out there that would want a Dragonfly or a Defiant (when we get to those designs), and I'd have no problem putting that on a shirt. Once the designs are made, the hard work is done. We'll apply them to anything.

-- Len
-- Len Evansic, Cozy Mk. IV Plans #1283
Do you need a customized Flightline Chair?
Old 01-27-2006, 08:41 AM

Uh... Sorry about the divergence Len. If you had Dust delete all the inappropriate stuff, I would understand completely. But I do feel compelled to add a quote from Seinfeld...

"They shrinK?"
"LIKE A FRIGHTENED TURTLE!"
"I don't know how you guys can even walk around with those things..."

Back to shirts:

I'm starting to like the CAF in medium letters under the aircraft image and then "Callsign: MarbleTurtle" on the second line. I wonder if people would confuse that with Canadian Air Force. I dunno... just let me know when your ready!
Old 01-27-2006, 09:44 AM
MarkIV N513DP Cozy540Xtra

In a admittedly weak sounding defense..it all started with one of the Girrrlz comments about.......looks like a duck with hemmorriods.. refering to flying with the fixed gear and wheelpants.
And.. it [the duck]decended fom there into the bilious swamp ...
turn yur back for just a minute and look what happened.
Old 01-27-2006, 06:02 PM
Finally at Chapter 4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarbleTurtle
If you had Dust delete all the inappropriate stuff, I would understand completely.
No, no, no, no redacting!
http://banners.wunderground.com/weat...ions/76225.gif
http://banners.wunderground.com/weat...ions/76225.gif
Old 01-29-2006, 11:53 PM
Back to square one

Default Canard Aviation Forum Polo shirts

OK, for all those who want a canard aviation polo shirt (thanks MarbleTurtle), we've come up with a standardized design. The shirts will feature a plane of your choice on the left chest, with two lines of text below. The first line will be "CANARD AVIATION" and the second will be "FORUM". Personalization of your forum callsign or your first name will be stitched on the right sleeve, above the bicep cuff. The shirts will be available in any color listed on the FlightlineChairs.com site for polo shirts.

http://flightlinechairs.com/personalizedclot.html

We should have a good picture tomorrow, that will show the placement and text sizes. The shirts will be $30.00, and orders should be made by e-mailing to the following address:

sales@flightlinechairs.com

Please order via e-mail through this address, as I'm almost out of PM space.

-- Len
Old 01-30-2006, 02:55 AM

can we get one in tan ?
Old 01-30-2006, 08:26 AM
Back to square one

We can get tan shirts, but we don't have any in stock right now. If there was enough demand, then yes. Personally, I think darker colored shirts work better with our mostly white planes.

-- Len

Last edited by levansic : 01-30-2006 at 08:46 AM.
Old 01-31-2006, 09:15 PM
Back to square one

We've added the RV-4 and the Lancair ES today, bringing the total of standard designs up to sixteen. The Berkut and more RV's are in progress.

A quick reminder, prices are going to change tomorrow, but there will be a new page with oopses that we are selling for cheap. Mostly these are thread color issues where something just doesn't look right to us, but at the right price, may look great to you.

http://flightlinechairs.com/whatsnew.html

-- Len
Old 02-01-2006, 11:55 PM
Back to square one

We've put some more things to the site tonight. A zip-up fleece was added to the shirts page, and a new jackets page with four different styles were added. As always, if you don't find your plane on our site yet, just contact us and we'll accommodate you as best we can. We do not charge for new designs.

Although some prices did go up today, the price of the Canard Aviation Forum shirts will remain at $30, as listed above.

-- Len
Old 02-03-2006, 10:53 PM
Back to square one

Nothing new on the site tonight, but I do have a brief update for our Oshkosh plans. The EAA cashed our check for a Fly Market spot today, which means nothing, as the official exhibitors guide extols us "DO NOT ASSUME YOU HAVE A SPACE."

Official admonitions aside, we of course are taking this as a positive sign that we may indeed have a space, although we have no clue where it may be. As soon as we know more, we will pass the information on.

-- Len
Old 02-04-2006, 06:34 PM
Rotary Powered Velocity

Quote:
Originally Posted by levansic
The EAA cashed our check for a Fly Market spot today, which means nothing, as the official exhibitors guide extols us "DO NOT ASSUME YOU HAVE A SPACE."
-- Len
They WILL refund your money if you dont get a space, right? And they will let you know if/when you have a space before you pack up, travel and SHOW UP on site, right?

Dave
Old 02-04-2006, 09:11 PM
Back to square one

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Staten
They WILL refund your money if you dont get a space, right? And they will let you know if/when you have a space before you pack up, travel and SHOW UP on site, right?
You know, that's a great question. There is nothing that explicitly says that we will be refunded our money if there isn't space, but there is a cancellation policy if we want to get out of a space. A full refund is given then, but only if all other exhibitor spaces are filled and our space is reassigned to somebody else. I'm assuming that they've cashed our check because we have a space. If we don't have a space yet because there are too many exhibitors, we'll be put in a queue to fill up spaces after cancellations. If we don't get a space, they won't be fulfilling their end of the deal, and we should be getting our money back.

One thing that will unfortunately put us into a particularly awkward position is the following clause:
Quote:
Any space not claimed by 12:00 noon of the day preceding EAA AirVenture may be reassigned without refund.
This worries me as we may be shoved into the filler queue for the no-shows, and therefore not find out until the day before the event, which would suck. We're hoping that we have applied early enough that we will get an acknowledgment soon.

The last uncertainty that we have is how the EAA will classify our business. If they deem us as aviation-related, we then are third priority for space, but if deemed non-aviation-related, we're put in to fifth priority. Another drawback if they decide that we are non-aviation, we'll be placed on a standby list until May 1. They don't define what constitutes "strictly aviation-related products", so we're hoping to slide in under that classification. I'd imagine Honda generators are smoothed into that category, since they are a big sponsor and the local dealer got a great spot last year. I hope they apply that standard as liberally for everyone else.

-- Len