Canard Community Forum  

Go Back   Canard Community Forum > For Sale, Trade, Loan or Wanted > For Sale, Commercial Sales
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2006, 03:33 PM
LEz - N555LE Q - N555QA

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverquit
You're getting real fancy with those CNC machines.

Chrissie, are you real confident all the welds and metal is good? Looks good from here but welding is tricky. If you're confident, I'd like to order one for my Lyco 360.

Have you (or anyone out there) learned if the mounts are different for each Lyco 360 or are they all the same?
Heh, when I first read that I was thinking... oh, great, here we go, they are custom milling an o-360.
Old 07-13-2006, 03:44 PM
The MissAdventures Cont'd

Quote:
You're getting real fancy with those CNC machines.
Chrissi, are you real confident all the welds and metal is good? Looks good from here but welding is tricky. If you're confident, I'd like to order one for my Lyco 360.

Have you (or anyone out there) learned if the mounts are different for each Lyco 360 or are they all the same?
Here's the deal with mount types, for the Mk-IV you have 3 lycoming engine mounting lug options;
-CONICAL
-DYNAFOCAL TYPE 1 (30 deg)
-DYNFOCAL TYPE 2 (18 deg)

Of those the TYPE 1 DYNAFOCAL is by far the most common.
Next is the interferance by induction and accessories. 0-320's and 0-360's will fit fine with the plans type mount pictured on our web site, you might have to order an oil filter adapter from Ken Miller to clear the dynafocal ring on some engines.
On I0-320's and I0-360's you need what is known as an H-brace mount; it differs from the plans mount in that the lower X-brace is in an H-brace configuration instead to clear the induction system. Some fuel injection induction systems come out the back/front of the pan, others the bottom. There are risers and elbows available to deal with geometry but the H-brace generally clears them all.

As to our welding, although I am "Ms TIGgy" I am not so bold as to presume to be good enough to send my friends and customers off with my welding. We design the mounts in the computer to get tube angles and lengths, we have a rather exotic tube cutter that I then dial in to the nearest degree and tube rotation, the tubes are held in precision collets, not clamps for cutting. I put each tube in place with the lightest of TIG tack welds using only 4130 filler rods. If one tube covers another tube that requires welding the whole fixture goes out for professional welding then comes back for the overlying tube to be fitted and tacked.
Hope that answers your questions?, Chrissi

CG Products
www.CozyGirrrl.com - all new pages
Cozy Mk-IV RG RX Turbo
Old 07-13-2006, 05:11 PM
G.Norman

Yes, thanks. Want to spill some pricing on us? Say for a IO360? I'm engine hunting so the order will be in by next spring if you're not burned out by then.
Old 07-13-2006, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Yes, thanks. Want to spill some pricing on us? Say for a IO360? I'm engine hunting so the order will be in by next spring if you're not burned out by then.
Engine mounts are typically $750, you can find pricing and availability on most of our products at www.CozyGirrrl.com
Regards, Chrissi

CG Products
Cozy Mk-IV RG RX Turbo
Old 07-13-2006, 11:00 PM

What? No CG boxer shorts?
Old 07-13-2006, 11:39 PM
MarkIV N513DP Cozy540Xtra

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarbleTurtle
What? No CG boxer shorts?
Right on Marble!- hey my wif was hoping for one of those tee shirts called a 'beater'- you know whut I mean? I know theres a limit but she just asked if youve got thongs coming in the future- I said I dont think so...not much to print on
Old 07-14-2006, 03:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Passey
Right on Marble!- hey my wif was hoping for one of those tee shirts called a 'beater'- you know whut I mean? I know theres a limit but she just asked if youve got thongs coming in the future- I said I dont think so...not much to print on
OK, if you know me, do you really think I am going to put something as lame as a Cozy or heavy metal logo on boxers or thongs? Trust me it will be truely obnoxious like "I have Girrrl parts and I am proud of it" for the boxers and "Genuine Girrrl Parts" for the thongs? oh wait, something forum specific THE DANCING BANANA!

CG Products
Cozy Mk-IV RG RX Turbo
Old 07-14-2006, 10:05 AM
Starting chapter 14 !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cozy Girrrl
"Genuine Girrrl Parts" for the thongs? oh wait, something forum specific THE DANCING BANANA!
On a Thong?

Oh, Dear,.....Oh My,...... Oh......Oh......Airplane, Airplane,Airplane, Airplane,
Airplane, Airplane, Airplane, Airplane, Airplane, Airplane, Airplane, Airplane, Airplane, Airplane, Airplane, Airplane,................

Kraig
Old 07-14-2006, 05:45 PM

This post is my attempt at theopy in an attempt to relieve the earge to post the truely obnoxous and naughty sayings concernig grrrl parts........resist, resist, resist.....aaaaahhhhhgggggg.

All the best,

Chris
Old 07-14-2006, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBarber
This post is my attempt at theopy in an attempt to relieve the earge to post the truely obnoxous and naughty sayings concernig grrrl parts........resist, resist, resist.....aaaaahhhhhgggggg.

All the best,

Chris
grrrlz have parts...?????

I neva knew....

I always thought them too pure and true...

Altar-boy John
Old 07-14-2006, 11:04 PM
MarkIV N513DP Cozy540Xtra

Chrissi- THAT wwas So so dang funny... I AM dying over here... I knew I would start something but you hit it out of the park... mirth, guffaw, chortle
Look at it this way- In the sales industry they call it cross marketing..Lady, you just record skipped [sckariiiitchhh] right into a whole new avenue...and I didnt even take you there. As if..huh?!!
Brilliant
Old 07-14-2006, 11:12 PM
Buly

Default 13B manifold

Chrissi, by any chance, do you have (or make) SS exhaust flange?
I need one, but all I could find is mild steel.
Old 07-15-2006, 12:37 AM
Super Moderator

Did you check with Burns Stainless?
Enjoy the build,njut av byggandet, godere il costruire, nyd bygningen, geniesse den Bau, apolafse tin kataskevi, disfrute la construcción, curta a construção, Pidä hauskaa rakentamisen parissa, bouw lekker,uživaj grade?inaslajdaites postroikoi, geniet die bou
dust

maker of wood, fiberglass, foam dust, metal bits and one day a Cozy will pop out and swiftly whisk me from meeting old friends and family to adventures throughout the world
Old 07-15-2006, 01:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buly
Chrissi, by any chance, do you have (or make) SS exhaust flange?
I need one, but all I could find is mild steel.
Dear Buly, if you cannot find anything I can design one and get it laser cut for you but I seem to remember some Rx racing parts place had them though, why, what are you up to?
...Chrissi

CG Products
Cozy Mk-IV RG RX Turbo
Old 07-15-2006, 10:12 AM
Super Moderator

321 Stainless would be my choice
Enjoy the build,njut av byggandet, godere il costruire, nyd bygningen, geniesse den Bau, apolafse tin kataskevi, disfrute la construcción, curta a construção, Pidä hauskaa rakentamisen parissa, bouw lekker,uživaj grade?inaslajdaites postroikoi, geniet die bou
dust

maker of wood, fiberglass, foam dust, metal bits and one day a Cozy will pop out and swiftly whisk me from meeting old friends and family to adventures throughout the world